4.09.2004

it's Good Friday. time to repent, time to reassess things, time to reflect on the life that we lead--whether it's full of sins or goodness. nobody's perfect, nobody's made to be. we have out own flaws. i am just thankful that i still have sanity. i live in a country where there is a universal understanding of respecting other people's beliefs and traditions. i miss the semana santa (lenten season) traditions back home. there is the bisita iglesia and station of the cross on maundy thursday, confession and repentance on good friday, meditation on black saturday, fiesta on easter sunday. i haven't observed these traditions since i came here. i miss the observance of these very important events in the catholic world.

i bought my dad yellow flowers today and put it at the altar. they are just beautiful. i went to carson and ate in jollibee. i rarely eat by myself but, when i got there, i never really cared a bit. it was good hearing filipinos talking and laughing around me. it's like i was back home. i miss home. i miss my family. i miss my friends. i miss the food. i miss the pollution, the noise jeepneys make, the traffic in EDSA, the congestion in MRT, whew! how i wish i could go back home and feel secured and safe than ever.

today, i am making an easter resolution. since it's the rebirth of Christ, i want to make a pledge to myself and i hope i can stand by it. from this day forward, i plan to make myself a more productive individual by taking care of myself and looking after my children without being distracted by outside forces--those who are not part of my family and my friends. i plan to be more optimistic on everything that would transpire in my life this year. i plan to make myself stronger, tougher, more disciplined, more reserved and more mature in dealing with problems, trials and heartaches...

may the GOOD LORD help me attain this easter resolution...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home